The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) was established in the year 1959 with only two faculty members. It bears the indelible stamp of its founder Head of the Department, late Prof.K.Krishnan Nair. He exhorted ECE Department to become a byname for Excellence, Creativity and Enterprise. In his memory,. The Commemoration Committee organizes an annual lecture by a distinguished professional. In the span of five decades the Department has grown to a complement of 16 members of teaching staff and about 500 students at UG and PG, with the staff specialized in various fields of Digital Systems, Control Systems, Signal Processing, Microwaves, Microprocessor Applications, Computer Systems and Communication Engineering, Embedded Systems and VLSI Design etc. and most of them having Doctorates. The broad spectrum of subjects in the area of ECE is fully represented. The presents of research are on VLSI and Embedded System, Digital Signal Processing, Microwave Engineering, Modern Tele Communications
Vision of the Department
To be in the forefront of advances in electronics and communication engineering education and research to guide and motivate young engineers to face future technological challenges
Mission of the Department
- To inculcate analysis and design for innovative problems in the field of electronics and communication engineering with the help of state of art curricula.
- To impart practical training to face real life case studies and inter-disciplinary simple solutions to complex problems.
- To make engineering education an enjoyable learning experience through challenging tutorials, mini-projects, assignments and laboratory exercises.
- To build project team spirit for professional working environment with high ethical values
- To develop overall character that will care for society and concerned for the Nation through extra-curricular activities
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To train students with analytical and design skills in electronics and communication systems applicable to industries, R&D labs and institutions involving space communications and defence electronics
- To strengthen the basic knowledge in mathematical science and applied science with orientation in engineering applications
- To develop overall personality and character with team spirit, professionalism, integrity, moral and ethical values with the support of humanities, social sciences and physical educational courses
- To familiarize with management and marketing skills with changing economic structure at global level
- To equip the students with laboratory training leading to solving real life practical problems and project analysis of electronics and communication systems through case-studies, seminars, mini-projects and main projects
- To develop a sense for societal and corporate responsibility through cultural and techno-managerial activities.